Monday, November 10, 2008

The Dreaded First Post

Sitting here staring at this text box feels a lot like staring at the blank document that is supposed to house your ever-important first draft. In a word- terrifying.

I feel like having a blog means that I have to have something earth-shattering to say, or at least that I am claiming that I have something earth shattering to say, which just isn't the case. I have thoughts, sure, I have opinions by the truckload, but that isn't to say that I think mine are particularly any more shiny than someone else's. Actually, in most cases I feel that they leave a lot to be wanted. I'm not the most educated, or the most thoughtful, and certainly not the most informed.

But then I have to ask myself- do I expect others to hold to these standards? Does everyone on the web have to be a genius-ground breaking-trail blazing-fool to 'earn' a right to have a blog?

No, Lynne, no they do not.

And so- in an effort to prevent myself from supporting this idea that a blog has to be the best blog ever to have a right to exist, I will be writing here. Just me. Just Theo Lynne, being Theo Lynne.

(but who, you ask, is Theo Lynne?)

Well, I'm glad you asked. I'm a lot of things, I suppose. I'm a student, a title that I'm almost sad to still be able to use (not that I have a desire to ever stop learning) and a graphic designer. I'm an aspiring author (and right now I feel like adding a cynical 'who isn't'- but it's only frustration) and I'm an avid reader. I'm a fan of young adult, fantasy, sci-fi, and my latest love the sub-genre Steampunk.

Theo Lynne is a wife, puppy-owner, and dreamer. She gets frustrated and she's passionate about a lot of things. Who knows where life will take her.

1 comment:

52 Faces said...

I've commented after your comment on Janet Reid's blog...

(how's that for a teaser?)